BC Williams, Writer/Poet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Of Reflection and Blank Musing

Go down

Of Reflection and Blank Musing Empty Of Reflection and Blank Musing

Post by BC Williams Tue 31 May 2011, 7:11 am

There are many things I reflect on: life, love, the pursuit of happiness - things relevant to all thinking persons. Do I have these things in my life? Does my personality allow me to pursue happiness at whatever cost?

We all know that reflection and action are two different side of a coin. We reflect on good and bad, problems and solutions; but ACTION – positive movement toward a reflected goal - takes active willpower.

I've made too many mistakes in my life from not taking the time for proper reflection. The consequences are far reaching, I've found, and can be devastating. Others should never be responsible for taking over your reflected action, for then it is no longer your action, but instead, theirs.

What is the point of this drivel, you ask?

The implications are far reaching, but for our purpose as writers, reflect first . . . then take action. No matter your writing style, without first reflecting you may find yourself in a stew pot of indecisiveness. Writers are not happy unless they are writing about some form of life or love. Don't let others tell you what to write about. You're the one with the goal, you're the one who needs to take the plunge with those much reflected ideas.

Then simply write!

© Feb 21, 2006 by BC Williams

<< Writing Articles
Or perhaps . . .
Stories in Short
Poetry Selections
BC Williams
BC Williams
Author

http://www.bpoetry.net/

Back to top Go down